- strong background in NLP and Java
- GATE, experience of writing plugins and PRs, excellent knowledge of JAPE
- IE, Linked Data, Ontologies
- statistical approaches and machine learning
- large scale computing with Hadoop
- knowledge of the following technologies / tools : Lucene, SOLR, NoSQL, Tika, UIMA, Mahout
- good social and presentation skills
- good spoken and written English, knowledge of other languages would be a plus
- taste for challenges and problem solving
DigitalPebble is located in Bristol (UK) and specialises in open source solutions for text engineering.
More details on our activities can be found on our website. We would consider candidates working remotely with occasional travel to Bristol and our clients in UK and Europe. Being located in or near Bristol would be a plus.
This job is an opportunity to get involved in the growth of a small company, work on interesting projects and take part in various Apache related projects and events. Bristol is also a great place to live.
Please send your CV and cover letter before the 15th April 2011 to firstname.lastname@example.org